To answer, here’s a brief guide to health insurance.
While some employers offer health insurance as part of employee benefits, some don’t. However, one can acquire a private health insurance policy from an insurance provider.
Here are some of the circumstances that make acquiring health insurance from a private provider recommended.
- Part-time employment rarely offers employee benefits. Obtaining private health insurance is recommended for part-timers.
- Self-employed persons who are not married or can’t be insured through their partner’s policy.
- A business owner with employees might be required to offer insurance.
- Retirees aren’t always eligible for employer-paid insurance.
Why Health Insurance Is A Must
Acquiring health insurance is a must especially when one lacks coverage.
Although fees no longer apply to those with no health insurance, accidents can happen anytime. They might require medical or surgical treatment, and preparing for those expenses is protection. Being uninsured might incur negative financial consequences and can make medical attention unaffordable.
Health insurance policies allow policyholders to be better prepared for when accidents occur. No matter the amount of coverage one can afford, it is better than being uninsured.
Factors to Consider When Choosing A Plan
Choosing a plan can be quite difficult. For one, there are a lot of factors to consider. Different features are offered by different health insurance policies.
Below is a list of some factors one should consider when choosing a health insurance plan.
- Prescription drug coverage;
- Office visit co-payment;
- Co-payment for specialized services (x-ray, lab tests) and emergency room visits;
- Pregnancy benefits;
- Lifetime and annual maximum benefits;
- Discounted or free services for preventive care;
- Coverage for specialty services (chiropractic, physical therapy); and
- Healthcare provider network
Health insurance policies might not come easily, especially when employers don’t offer them. However, purchasing a plan that suits one’s needs and budget can help add protection. While going through different plans and insurance providers can be tedious, being uninsured will take a toll when accidents occur.
At Roper Insurance, we put our clients first by offering them policies that they can afford. Having insurance is a necessity nowadays and we're here to help you out. Learn more about our products and services by calling our agency at (828) 697-6709. You can also request a free quote by CLICKING HERE.